Sunday 1 May 2016

Acknowledgements

I would like to thank a number of people who helped me with Meetup101. Firstly, a big thank you to Jo Sayers, who copy edited every chapter and spared me from very many blushes. Thanks also goes to Tom Mullen for stage time and encouragement, and to David Hales and Nigel Taylor, also for encouragement and for giving me this project a name, and the idea of running the one hundred and first Meetup. I would also like to thank Ivor Dembina for the invaluable advice that he gave during the preparation of the show.

A special thanks also goes to Mary Taylor, who was brave enough to come along to three random events, not knowing where we would end up. I’m also going to mention friends Julie Kertesz, Ruth Paly and Josh King, who have also been really supportive with whatever nonsense I’ve been doing.

For the show, I would like to thank Sonia Aste for being such a wonderful MC on the night, and all the acts who gave up their time: Michael Daly, Sonia Quita Doubleday, Ashley Haden, Declan Kennedy, Nigel Ng, Katie Pritchard and Houssem Rhaiem. You guys helped to make an awesome night and helped to create memories that I shall cherish. Also, a shout out goes to Matt Richardson for an awesome flyer design, and to Kee Lewis for his camera skills.

I would also like to thank Meetup, for their permission to go ahead with this crazy project, everyone who came to the final Meetup event, and all the Meetup hosts. Finally, a very big thank you to my parents for their every present support. Much love to you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment